The most significant of recent years’ NATO Multi-National Exercise ‘BALTOPS 2016’, formulated to demonstrate and enhance the U.S-European Armed-Forces Readiness and Interoperability, is on the way in Baltic Sea region from June 5- June 20. The Exercise is the U.S-led drills with the ‘STRIKFORNATO’ leading its implementations.
June 2016 © US NAVAL Forces Europe/Africa
The participants from 17 U.S-European States, contributing: 6100 Troops, over 60 Military Air crafts, about 800 Amphibious Troops, and 45 Ships and Submarines are from the Armed-Forces of: Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK Royal Navy Flagship HMS Ocean, and the U.S Naval Force with USS Mount Whitney, U.S Air Force Europe.
The central objectives intensify on:
- Enhancing the Allies Interoperability;
- Training in Anti-Air Warfare, Anti-Surface Warfare, Anti-Submarine Warfare, and Mine Countermeasure Warfare;
- As well as Amphibious and Maritime Interdiction Operations and Exercising against the Asymmetric Threat. Recounts NATO’s NAVAL Striking/Support Forces.
- News from German Armed-Forces News from Royal Navy
- News from Finland Armed-Forces
- News from U.S Air Force Europe-Africa from U.S Naval Forces Europe-Africa