Along with other Naval Missions, ranging from Training, Maneuvers, Joint Exercises with its various Naval Global partners– Patrolling and Monitoring from Coast to Coast for establishing and to maintain the Maritime Security, the United States Navy has been simultaneously supporting the European Naval Force in Operation Atalanta.
U.S Naval Replenishment Ship ‘USNS Laramie’ (center) off the Coast of Somalia, supporting Operation Atalanta. December 17, 2015 © EU NAVFOR
Equipped with Chopper deck, the gigantic U.S Naval ‘Laramie’ is a Military Sealift Command Replenishment oiler of HENRY J. KAISER Class, launched in 1995. Since then the Ship has been, mostly, in a long journey Missions from the Pacific to the Indian Ocean, from the Mediterranean Sea to the Gulf of Aden, providing a vital support to the U.S and European Naval Forces– as to enumerate from Aircraft and Helicopter Carriers, Frigates, Corvettes, Combat, Assault, and the Paroling Ships.
As a part of this ongoing Operational Support and the Replenishment at Sea, the USNS Laramie met in a close contact with the Operation Atalanta’s new Flagship, HNLMS Tromp of the Royal Netherlands Navy on August 8th in the Atalanta Operational field, the Gulf of Aden. The EU NAVFOR Operational Force Commander, Commodore Luyckx was welcomed for a visit by the Commanding Officer of U.S Naval Replenishment Vessel, Captain William Wiggins.
Official references of the recent time:
- United States Navy Supply Ship Supports Operation Atalanta With A Combined Replenishment At Sea
- US Supply Ship USNS Laramie Supports Operation Atalanta off the Coast of Somalia
- US Navy Ship Supports EU Naval Force Ships Off The Coast Of Somalia
- EU Naval Force Warship ESPS Infanta Cristina Carries out Replenishment at Sea with Supply Ship USNS Laramie
- EU Naval Force Warship ESPS Navarra has carried out Replenishment at sea (RAS) with re-supply tankers, including the US logistical ship USNS Laramie
- News from EU NAVFOR Operation Atalanta
- News from Royal Netherlands Navy
- News from US Naval Forces Europe-Africa
- News from US Air Force Europe-Africa
- News from Strong Europe US Army Europe
By Editor in Chief