Interview with the Deputy Director of EUROPOL, Operations Department
In the exclusive interview series, this time we have the occasion of getting a glimpse inside of the European Union’s Law-Enforcement Agency, and the honour of an interview with Mr Wil van Gemert, Deputy Director of EUROPOL the Operations Department.
Deputy Director of EUROPOL, Operations Department Mr Wil van Gemert 2016 © EUROPOL
The Netherlands on Protecting the Law-Enforcement on the Close-Combat
The Netherlands is taking a new measure that should protect the Law-Enforcement during all categories of Close-Combat, inter alia…… civil unrest and social violence. An important step that has to be followed by other European States equally.
Police officers will no longer automatically be labelled as suspects during inquiries into the use of force. A factual investigation, based on the assumption of lawful conduct, will be conducted instead. This is the core of a legislative proposal from State Secretary Van der Steur (Security and Justice) sent to various bodies such as the Council for the Judiciary and the Public Prosecution Service (OM) for advice. May 3 2016 © Dutch Government
News from Dutch Ministry of Justice
News from State Secretary Van der Steur
EUROPOL and the U.S Law-Enforcement strengthening their cooperation
On April 7th in Washington DC, the Deputy Director of Europol Operations Department, Wil van Gemert, and the FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed a new Agreement to intensify the joint US-EU Law-Enforcement combat against foreign terrorist fighters.
News from EUROPOL
News from Director Rob Wainwright
The German Law-Enforcement in UN and EU Operations.
The Bundespolizei (German Law-Enforcement) has been holding a pivotal role in the UN and EU External missions in the last thirty years by deploying its personnel from:
- Polizeibeamten der Länder (States Police Departments)
- Bundeskriminalamtes (Federal Criminal Investigation Agency)
- Zoll (Border and Custom Police Force) in the various parts of the World. Their engagements and contributions, though not much broadcasted, cover a range of crucial tasks including active role in Operations, Advisory and Training.
The German Law-enforcement in the training exercise. January 28 2016 © The Bundespolizei
The German Law-Enforcement’s global engagement within the UN Operations:
- African Union and United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (UNAMID)
- United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL)
- United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan (UNMISS)
- United Nations Interim Administration Mission In Kosovo (UNMIK)
- United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) © The Bundespolizei
The German Law-Enforcement’s global engagement within the EU Operations:
- European Union Police Mission – Coordinating Office for Palestinian Police Support (EUPOL COPPS)
- European Union Monitoring Mission Georgia (EUMM Georgia)
- European Union Advisory Mission Ukraine (EUAM Ukraine)
- European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo (EULEX Kosovo)
- European Union Border Assistance Mission to Moldova and Ukraine (EUBAM Moldova/Ukraine)
- European Union Capacity Building Mission in the Horn of Africa (EUCAP Nestor)
- European Union Border Assistance Mission in Rafah (EUBAM Rafah)
- European Union Border Assistance Mission in Libya (EUBAM Libya)
- European Union Police Mission in Afghanistan (EUPOL AFG)
- European Union Capacity Building Mission in Mali (EUCAP Mali) ©The Bundespolizei
- News from the EUROPOL
- News from the Bundespolizei News from the NYPD
- Additional: Die Bundeswehr and Bundespolizei in Afghanistan
- German Minister visits EULEX
- Internationale Polizeimissionen der Bundespolizei
Sources: Bundespolizei/EULEX/ EU External Missions/ UN Peacekeeping Operations
Learn more about Cyber Security
European Cyber Crime Center ( EUROPOL)
EU CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team)
Where to report Cyber Crime, By EUROPOL
By EUROPOL, Risks of using Public Wi-Fi
22 July 2015 © EUROPOL
The Europol Roadshow Conference took place from 14 to 15 of October in Selm, Germany.
The conference placed its focus on: Cyber Crime, payment and fraud crime, property crime and counter-terrorism.
There were large number of German Law-enforcement Representative from various Agencies that took part in the conference.
Cyber Security in Germany
IT und Cybersicherheit, by German Government
Politisch motivierte Kriminalität (info provided by Germany Federal Government)
Wirtschaftskriminalität (info provided by Germany Federal Government)
A brief review of Europol in 2013
2013 © Europol
European Police Chiefs Convention 2013
September 2013 © Europol
All the materials on Deutschland in der Welt.org (articles, news, photos,videos and media) are from various Governmental Agencies and are strictly Copy-righted. Redistribution, reproduction, copying, or linking the content of this organization, in any kind, are prohibited by Law.
All rights reserved 2013-2016.