The 23rd OSCE Ministerial Council meeting took place with the participants of 57 OSCE member States in Hamburg from December 8-9. The event was executed under Germany’s OSCE Chairmanship and the invitation of OSCE Chairperson-in office, German Foreign Minister Dr.Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
During the two days meeting, the Council declared several important final decisions including:
- OSCE’s Role in the Governance of Large Movements of Migrants and Refugees
- OSCE Efforts Related to Reducing the Risks of Conflict Stemming from the Use of Information and Communication Technologies
- Extension of the Mandate of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media
The Council’s decision for the Chairmanship of 2018 went for Italy and the 2019 for Slovakia.
- Related documents: Greeting by the 2016 OSCE Chairperson-in-Office and German Foreign Minister Dr. Steinmeier
- Austria’s OSCE Chairmanship 2017
Follow us @Deutinderwelt