‘World Cup Stunner’
that was the headline the Washington times and most media from around the world describe the German National Team.
Statistics report published by BBC about German National Team and yesterday’s match Germany-Brazil July 8 2014
- This is the first time that a team have scored seven goals in a World Cup semi-final.
- Germans were 5-0 up after 29 minutes – faster than any team in World Cup history.
- Germany has now the highest scorers in World Cup history with 223 goals, overtaking Brazil.
- German striker Miroslav Klose becomes World Cup history’s record goalscorer with 16 goals in 23 games
- Germany has scored more goals in this tournament than they did in 1990 and 1966 – a total of 16.
- There were only 179 seconds between Germany’s second and fourth goals ©BBC world sport
The match can be viewed on FIFA (Match Highlights Brazil 1:7 Germany Wednesday, 9 July 2014)